Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Things First


Today should be a good day because my youngest child turned 16 today, the sun is shining, I don't have to go to work and try to make beautiful arrangements with half-dead flowers and I can now fit my car into the garage.

But you know something? That wall of worry that I try to look over is very tall today.

On the table are bills that need to be paid.

On my phone is a gloomy message from my divorce lawyer.

Upstairs are baskets of clothes that need to be taken to The Wash Tub to be cleaned and folded.

And in the basement lots and lots of crap that I didn't accumulate but still I have to get rid of.

But there is a coconut cupcake waiting for me at my friend Angela's house and there is a birthday girl waiting to be picked up this afternoon to buy a new birthday phone.

So I have to go. There is a wall that needs climbing.

3 comments:

  1. In the pile of crap your basement's housing, there may be a sledge hammer you can put to good use by knocking down several rows of that ominous wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! For some reason we have two of those . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. They must have been left behind for a purpose....Screaming at the top of your lungs during the demolition was a hint your mama passed along to me, but my weapon was a racquetball racquet :-)

    ReplyDelete