Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Enough Stuff

This is my garage. The X moved out and left a bunch of crap behind. Then I moved back in and brought a bunch of my crap back. Believe it or not, I have already gotten rid of a lot of crap.
My grown-up son, who I call Mr. Nice Guy, says if you have too much stuff you don't own your stuff. It owns you instead. He is very wise and throws away his couches every time he moves. That may be because they have beer spilled all over them, but still . . .
So now I have to get rid of some more stuff. Like the basketball hoop I purchased to entertain my nephew for one weekend when he came to visit. I need to remember that when I was a child I played with sticks.
I need to remember my sister Anne's mantra for when you go shopping and see a two-for-one sale on sweaters that you kind of like but don't need at all: Two of crap is still crap. Only she uses a different word that gives the phrase a bit more punch.
Here's to you Annie. The next time I post a picture of my garage, there will be space in it to park a car.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are baaaaaack.

    The complete Shaeffer Girl mantra is this: "Cheap is good, free is better, but two of s**t is still s**t."

    All of my true friends know this mantra and many of the enlightened ones live by it. In case your curious, none of my "Jesus Freak" friends has ever been offended by it. No one. Not one. They just laugh, until they get go know me better and they realize that this is MY LIFE CREED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *get TO know me better. Geez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an extremely craptastic blog post. And that's a good thing....

    ReplyDelete